Sara E. Morales-Morgan is an artist from San Jose, California, and Hartselle, Alabama, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland. Her artwork explores her notions of identity and home through the creation of illustrated ceramic sculptures. She earned her Master’s degree in Ceramics from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and her Bachelor’s degree in Studio Art from the University of South Alabama. She has exhibited her work in over 50 shows nationally; most notably in the 2017 Zanesville Prize for Contemporary Ceramics, the Archie Bray Foundation’s “Beyond the Brickyard” exhibition, the annual National Conference for the Education of Ceramic Arts; and at the Dairy Barn Arts Center’s “OH+5: Ohio Border Biennial” exhibition, where she won “Best in Show.” Her work has been published in Ceramics Monthly and in 500 Figures in Clay Volume 2 by LARK Books. She has been a resident artist at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts’ “Pentaculum,” at the Watershed Center for Ceramic Arts as a Kiln God Award recipient, and at Baltimore Clayworks as the 2016 – 2017 Lormina Salter Fellow.
Sara is happily married to her best friend and is a proud parent of two cats.
View Sara’s Resume here.
· Sara was a panelist on “Unspoken, Unseen: InVisible” during NCECA in Pittsburgh, PA!
· Sara had work in (in)Visible during NCECA in Pittsburgh, PA!
· Sara was a finalist for the 2017 Zanesville Prize for Contemporary Ceramics competition in Ohio!
· Sara had work featured in the “Exposure” section of the June/July/August issue of Ceramics Monthly!
· Sara’s dad is selling handmade clay tile cutters! You can find them here: Jim’s Tile Cutters!