Sara E. Morales-Morgan is an artist from San Jose, California, and Hartselle, Alabama, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland. Her artwork explores her notions of identity and home through the creation of illustrated ceramic sculptures. She earned her Master’s degree in Ceramics from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and her Bachelor’s degree in Studio Art from the University of South Alabama. She has exhibited her work nationally, most notably in the 2017 Zanesville Prize for Contemporary Ceramics, the Archie Bray Foundation’s “Beyond the Brickyard” exhibition, the annual National Conference for the Education of Ceramic Arts; and at the Dairy Barn Arts Center’s “OH+5: Ohio Border Biennial” exhibition, where she won “Best in Show.” Her work has been published in Ceramics Monthly and in “500 Figures in Clay, Volume 2” by LARK Books. She has been a resident artist at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts’ “Pentaculum,” at the Watershed Center for Ceramic Arts as a Kiln God Award recipient, and at Baltimore Clayworks as the 2016 – 2017 Lormina Salter Fellow.
Sara is happily married to her best friend and is a proud parent of two cats.
View Sara’s Resume here.
· Sara is a finalist for the Zanesville Prize for Contemporary Ceramics competition and has her work in the exhibition in Ohio!
· Sara has work in the October exhibition “Seen And Heard” at Studios on the Park in Paso Robles, CA!
· You can find Sara’s work at the Red Lodge Clay Center in person and online!
· Sara had work featured in the “Exposure” section of the June/July/August issue of Ceramics Monthly!
· Sara’s dad is selling handmade clay tile cutters! You can find them here: Jim’s Tile Cutters!