What's a tile cutter?
Jim's Tile Cutters are used for cutting tiles out of wet clay. They come in two sizes, and they are hand-made from wood and stainless steel.
- Tiles are cut fast and easily — as fast as you can roll out and compress your slabs of clay.
- Tiles are cut consistently and evenly — perfect for when you need a lot of them.
- Each cutter size accounts for shrinkage after tiles are fired.
- Tiles keep their shape. They won't buckle, warp, or fold coming out of the cutter.
- The cutters are designed so tiles won't stick to them — really.
- Tiles won't have unwanted indentations that some other cutters can cause.
How do they work?
Three simple steps
Anyone can use Jim's Tile Cutters, from pros to new artists.
Watch the demo
- One 4.5 inch cutter = $35 (+$8 shipping)
- One 6.75 inch cutter = $45 (+$8 shipping)
Where can I get them?
We currently ship to U.S. customers only. Be sure to double-check your shipping address when ordering.
Order via PayPal
Non-PayPal Orders & Questions
Who is Jim?
Jim's Tile Cutters are hand-made by Jim, a hobby craftsman living in Alabama and father to a ceramic artist. She needed a tile cutter but could not find one on the market to suit her needs, so he built one for her. Now he builds them in his spare time to serve other artists, too.